Friday, September 26, 2008

Team Lunch

My team lunch was memorable for main reason - diversity in the people around. .. 4 China , 3 Canada, 2 India, 1 Spain , 1 Serbia .. Out of these 4 people have been to different countries other than home countries such as New Zealand, Australia , Russia etc. and age ranging from 25 to 58.. I want to share some of the conversations there just as to share some striking similarities and differences between people.. I do not want to get into any kind of trouble so would be using initials of people around..

N (Gentleman, 30 years) - I am engaged and I think, I need to be in the relationship for at least 10 years to know whether I would continue or not.. J

A (Gentleman around 30 years) - I would have been in Australia right now but there was fight between by mother and Aunty (Her sister). Aunt went to Australia so my mother moved here in Canada..
- Baseball is not the game.. Bull-fight, football are games..
- About pig hunting in New Zealand - That’s the manly thing to do.. You wrestle with pig, hunt him down , take it on your back and come back home saying to kids.. Hey.. Look what I have brought for dinner
N - Only manly thing to do I know is to get new hair cut

K (Lady around 40) - My daughter worked as bartender in her summer vacations and it’s nice. She is getting to know world around..

P (Lady around 35) - I married very young around 25. Now I think, I should have wait for another 4-5 years..
About another lady - who did not work after getting married - You know she went to university ( means she studied till degree college) and still after marriage she is not doing anything.. She should not be wasting her knowledge..


Y (Lady around 26) - Regarding some discussion whether to do order some thing or not.. One proposed to have Vote -
Why do we need to vote.. Just order it .. That’s it.. Why do we need to discuss.. ( Do I need to tell that she is from China )

N - On Americans settling in Canada - These Americans will come here . They feel superior to us. They expect everyone to respect them because they are Americans.

There were many other experiences shared as well. I just thought to have some of these about subjects which we , people in India feel close to.

No comments:

Post a Comment